Mango Tofu Stir-fry
- 1 tbsp oil of your choice
- 1 pack of smoked tofu
- 175g broccoli, cut into florets
- 175g mushrooms, halved if large
- 1 red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- dash of soya sauce and fish sauce
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp FruitTree Mango spread
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp peanut butter
- Slice the tofu into a few smaller blocks and place it between absorbent paper on a wooded board. Then put something heavy on top (we used a cast iron pot) so that most of the moisture of the tofu is drained. It should take 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C / Fan 180C / Gas 6.
- Place tofu on baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare sauce by mixing all the ingredients until well combined.
- Add tofu to two-thirds of the prepared sauce and leave it to marinate for a few minutes whilst preparing the vegetables.
- Heat the wok over medium heat. Add the oil first, then the spices and the garlic. Cook for a few seconds and add the vegetables. Then add the sauce and the remains of the peanut butter marinate.
- Spoon tofu into the preheated pan and cook it so it almost looks like it is caramelising.
- Serve with rice or noodles. It is delicious even on its own!